1. First of all prepare the birds: remove the breasts with skin on. Heat a little oil with garlic, rosemary and thyme and then marinade the breasts
2. Roll up the legs, cook sous vide for 30 minutes at 62C and chill down straight away
3. For the emulsion combine freshly made apple juice from cox and granny smith apples together with washed sorrel, vitamin C and Xanthan gum. Pass it, then season up with a bit of good quality chardonnay vinegar. Keep at room temperature.
4. Break down the carcasses and pan roast them in bit of oil to achieve a nice golden brown colour.
5. Deglaze with blackberry vinegar and then with chicken stock again and again until syrup consistency is achieved. Pass it and season up with bit of wine reduction, salt, pepper, bruised garlic and winter herbs. Pass it once again and keep warm.
6. Cook the pearl barley in celeriac juice until soft. Infuse with a bit of kombu and serve as a risotto style.
7. Finally after marinating the breasts, cook then in a water bath at 55C for 6 minutes then pan roast with garlic and herbs to achieve nice caramelisation. Rest and serve with blackberries and sorrel leaf.
Recipe by Martin Zahumenksy - Game Chef of the Year Winner 2015
Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face, Great chieftain o the puddin'-race... W…Read More
Veganuary is back with a mighty bang for 2020 with 350,000 people signing u…Read More
Start 2020 the best way you can, with great deals on some of our biggest se…Read More
With the festive season on our door step, it's time for our Sales Manager f…Read More
Brigston & Co have created this delicious recipe for Oktoberfest and we…Read More