1. First of all prepare the birds: remove the breasts with skin on. Heat a little oil with garlic, rosemary and thyme and then marinade the breasts
2. Roll up the legs, cook sous vide for 30 minutes at 62C and chill down straight away
3. For the emulsion combine freshly made apple juice from cox and granny smith apples together with washed sorrel, vitamin C and Xanthan gum. Pass it, then season up with a bit of good quality chardonnay vinegar. Keep at room temperature.
4. Break down the carcasses and pan roast them in bit of oil to achieve a nice golden brown colour.
5. Deglaze with blackberry vinegar and then with chicken stock again and again until syrup consistency is achieved. Pass it and season up with bit of wine reduction, salt, pepper, bruised garlic and winter herbs. Pass it once again and keep warm.
6. Cook the pearl barley in celeriac juice until soft. Infuse with a bit of kombu and serve as a risotto style.
7. Finally after marinating the breasts, cook then in a water bath at 55C for 6 minutes then pan roast with garlic and herbs to achieve nice caramelisation. Rest and serve with blackberries and sorrel leaf.
Recipe by Martin Zahumenksy - Game Chef of the Year Winner 2015
The Production Kitchen at Braehead Foods, established almost 10 years ago, …Read More
Our sister business, The Cook School takeaway and shop have now reopened wi…Read More
Braehead Foods and their sister business The Cook School Scotland have laun…Read More
Braehead Foods continue to operate delivering bespoke meal solution to cust…Read More
It's National Pie Week, the annual celebration of savoury pastry-encrusted …Read More