1) Add all the ingredients for the paste into a blender and pulse unto you have a fine paste.
2) Dice the venison into 1cm size chunks. Season with Salt and Pepper
3) Fry the Cinnamon Stick, crushed Cardamom, Bay Leaves and Cloves in the Vegetable Oil
4) Add the Venison and Onion, fry until the meat is browned
5) Add Garlic and Ginger, continue to fry for 5 minutes
6) Add the Rogan Josh Spice Paste and fry for another 5 minutes
7) Add 1 litre of water, cover with a lid and simmer for 50 minutes or until the meat is tender
8) Remove the Bay Leaves, Cinnamon and Cloves
9) To finish add the Natural Yoghurt and Chopped Coriander
This curry is an example of one of the many items Braehead Foods Production Kitchen can make on a bespoke basis to support your menu offering. All items from our Production Kitchen are made by chefs, for chefs to give you complete confidence that quality is not compromised. Braehead Foods’ close working relationship with Highland Game, spans over 20 years, with it being the only place wild venison is purchased from. Highland Game enable us to have upmost confidence in traceability from field to fork. Keith has modified the recipe slightly to reduce the calories and make a healthier version. He removed the ghee and added natural yoghurt, this makes a lighter healthier curry, more suitable to a western pallet.