We stock a vast range of soft cheese and waxed flavoured cheese from Arran...
Our award winning soft cheeses- Arran Blue, Brie and Camembert -
are made with 100% pasteurised Arran milk and vegetarian rennet.
Every single cheese is turned by hand to ensure optimum quality. We
exercise a Positive Release Policy; no cheese is released until we
have a written certificate that our random sample of each batch is
within national guidelines of safety for salmonella, listeria,
e-coli and staphylococcus.
Island Cheese Co. Waxed Flavoured Cheddars
Most UK Cheddars are fast maturing and will become very mature
within 4 to 5 months; this gives them a sharp taste and a more
crumbly texture. Our cheddar is slow maturing which means it won't
be fully mature until 12 to 14 months. This leads to a creamier
cheese with a smoother texture. The cheese is waxed by hand
and given four dips which gives it two full coats. Unlike vacuum
packed, when the cheese is cut open only the cut edge is exposed to
the air and the rest will stay perfectly sealed until it is used.
Made using vegetarian rennet.
Full product range:
- Arran Camembert
- Arran Blue
- Cheddar Cheese with Arran Mustard
- Cheddar Cheese with Claret
- Cheddar with Caramelised Onion
- Cheddar with Crushed Stem Ginger
- Cheddar Cheese with Chilli
- Cheddar Cheese with Chives
- Cheddar Cheese with Crushed Herbs
- Cheddar Cheese with Arran Whisky
- Kilbride - Medium Mature Cheddar Cheese
- Oak Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- Cheddar with Cracked Peppercorn
- Cheddar with Raspberry Infused Cranberries
- Smokey Garlic Cheddar Cheese
- Arran Mist Scottish Brie