Our Consultant Chef, Paul Gayler MBE has given us his Guide to Grouse...
- Make sure the grouse you purchase are fresh and plump
- The skin of the bird should be dry
- Oven ready grouse can be refrigerated and kept for a few
- Young grouse are best roasted, while older grouse taste better
braised or in pies
- Young grouse can be eaten until around November
- Old grouse are often referred to as 'overyeared'
- Be careful not to overcook grouse as it can fry out quite
easily due to its lean nature
Top Tip: Grouse legs have the strongest