If you're looking for game season recipe inspiration, check out this award winning partridge dish from Game Chef of the Year 2015, Martin Zahumenksy
BREAST AND LEG OF PARTRIDGE WITH PICKLED BLACKBERRY, SORREL
EMULSION, PEARL BARLEY AND JUS
1. First of all prepare the birds: remove the breasts with skin
on. Heat a little oil with garlic, rosemary and thyme and then
marinade the breasts
2. Roll up the legs, cook sous vide for 30 minutes at 62C and
chill down straight away
3. For the emulsion combine freshly made apple juice from cox
and granny smith apples together with washed sorrel, vitamin C and
Xanthan gum. Pass it, then season up with a bit of good quality
chardonnay vinegar. Keep at room temperature.
4. Break down the carcasses and pan roast them in bit of oil to
achieve a nice golden brown colour.
5. Deglaze with blackberry vinegar and then with chicken stock
again and again until syrup consistency is achieved. Pass it and
season up with bit of wine reduction, salt, pepper, bruised garlic
and winter herbs. Pass it once again and keep warm.
6. Cook the pearl barley in celeriac juice until soft. Infuse
with a bit of kombu and serve as a risotto style.
7. Finally after marinating the breasts, cook then in a water
bath at 55C for 6 minutes then pan roast with garlic and herbs to
achieve nice caramelisation. Rest and serve with blackberries and
Recipe by Martin Zahumenksy - Game Chef of the Year Winner